Salary: $42,449.00 Annually.
Upon employment, employees may be assigned to work on a rotating or fixed shift basis, which may include nights, evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events. Employees in this classification are subject to call to duty in emergencies and may be required to work overtime with little to no notice. An employee’s work hours and days will be at the discretion of the Superintendent of Police or his designee.
- Enforcing of laws and the preserving of order;
- Receiving and following general and special instructions from officers of higher rank;
- Acting without direct supervision and exercising independent discretion in meeting emergencies;
- Patrolling a specified beat or district on foot, motorcycle, bicycle, scooter, horse or by car; operating a car; Pursuing and apprehending fleeing suspects (climbing fences or walls, jumping ditches, running up to several blocks, etc.);
- Escorting prisoners to police station and having law violators booked on charges;
- Using firearms and other means of self-defense; and composing and completing reports;
- Work involves an element of personal danger.
- Be at least 20 years old.
- Be licensed to drive with a good driving record and driving experience.
- Be in good physical and psychological condition to perform the essential functions of the job of Police Officer.
- Possess a state approved G.E.D./high school diploma.