Police Patrol Officer
Salary and Benefits
Probationary 1st Year: $55,751.27 + bonus compensatory hours equivalent to $6,000
Probationary 2nd Year: $63,715.74
Probationary 3rd Year: $71,680.21
Patrol Officer: $79,644.68
- Emergency Response Team
- Homeless Outreach
- Neighborhood Patrol Officers
- Street Crimes Unit
- Narcotics Unit
- State & Federal Task Forces
- School Safety Officers
- Traffic Unit
- U.S. Citizen
- Not older than 34 years of age at the time of written exam. Please see “Age Exemptions” in the informational packet.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- No felony convictions
- Tattoo restrictions
- Uncorrected vision 20/20 binocularly with minimum of 20/40 in both eyes.
- Corrected vision to 20/20 binocularly.
- Color vision: normal or mild anomalous trichromat (red-green deficiency) as defined by specific pseudoisochromatic plates.
- Valid driver’s license at the time of hire
- Valid FOID card within 12 months of hire