Police Patrol Officer
Under the supervision of the Police Patrol Sergeant and/or the Police Patrol Lieutenant, at the direction of the Police Chief, the Police Patrol Officer is a non-exempt position under FLSA, which protects and serves the citizens of McPherson.
• Enforces all federal, state, and local laws and ordinances and maintains familiarity with each by constant study;
• Protects the life, property, and peace of the citizens of McPherson;
• Reports for duty at the time and place designated, attired in the regulation uniform and with all equipment serviceable;
• Proceeds without unnecessary delay to an assigned beat upon establishing relief;
• Makes arrests, serves warrants, and issues citations;
• Operates and maintains law enforcement equipment, including vehicles, firearms, and communications equipment;
• Performs traffic control and building checks;
Experience: Employee is expected to have acquired the necessary information and skills to perform the job reasonably well within one year of employment.
Education: A high school diploma or GED is required. This position requires graduation from the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center, 40 hours of continuing education annually, and a valid
Kansas Driver’s License.