Police Patrol Officer
This entry level, sworn position is responsible for the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances. Work involves patrolling assigned areas, responding to criminal, suspicious, traffic and unusual situations as directed; investigating crime, gathering evidence, apprehending violators, solving problems, protecting victims and property, responding to emergency situations, completing appropriate paperwork and other related duties as required.
Closing Date/Time: Wed. 04/03/19 12:00 AM Central Time
Salary: $27.32 – $32.06 Hourly
$54,858.56 – $64,376.48 Annually
Positions in this classification are responsible for general duty and investigatory police work under the general supervision of a Lieutenant. Patrol Officers function without direct supervision and exercise discretion in determining appropriate response to emergency situations. Duties normally consist of patrol and traffic activities in the City on an assigned shift in a patrol car, on a bicycle, or on foot and answering calls for service, investigating criminal activity, apprehending criminals and enforcing laws and ordinances. Work is performed in accordance with departmental rules, regulations, and policies and normally consist of patrol, preliminary investigation and traffic enforcement duties. Work involves elements of danger and requires physical strength and agility at times to apprehend or subdue persons suspected of crimes.
• Employee must be at least 18 years of age
• Employee must be a US citizen
• Employee must possess a valid driver's license
• Employee must have the ability to legally possess a firearm
• Employee must have the ability to perform the essential functions of the job
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• In order to be eligible, employee must have completed the law enforcement academy in Wisconsin OR have completed 60 college credits by the date of hire
• If employee has completed the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Academy and does not have 60 college credits, they must agree to obtain 60 college credits from an accredited college within 5 years of the date of hire.