Police Officer Trainee
Salary range: $2,904.00 Monthly.
The Police Trainee, under close supervision, will be required to learn to: perform responsible law enforcement and crime prevention work; to enforce State and local traffic regulations; to perform investigative work; to participate in, and provide support to, special Department crime prevention and enforcement programs; and to perform a variety of technical law enforcement tasks. This is beginning level law enforcement work for the purpose of training to become a sworn police officer upon satisfactory completion of a POST certified basic academy.
- A High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- A valid California Driver’s license.
- A POST-approved 832 P.C. certificate or obtain certification within six (6) months of appointment.
- Must obtain a valid and active Certificate of Completion from a POST certified basic academy during the probationary period.
- Must meet the established Police Officer standards of physical endurance, agility, health, and vision.
- Must be 21 years of age at time of appointment to Police Officer.
- Meet other background investigation, medical and psychological standard.