Police Officer Trainee
$53,724.00 – $71,988.00 Annually
Under direct supervision performs a wide variety of support and paraprofessional police services duties in addition to learning Police Officer knowledge and skills; assists and observes Police Officers and civilian personnel; performs related work as assigned. This is a sub-entry level service class in which incumbents learn and gain additional qualifications in preparation for a career as a police officer. The trainee attends a POST certified police academy to develop knowledge and skills required for performance as a sworn officer.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES Minimum requirements as a condition of hire:
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Equivalent to the completion of the 12th grade.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must possess satisfactory hearing capabilities, visual acuity and be able to meet physical, psychological and background standards.
- Must be willing to work evening, night, weekend and holiday shifts.
- Must be able to maintain firearms qualification.
- Must be 20 ½ years of age at time of application.
- Must successfully complete the basic police academy which includes classroom and field training. Failure to successfully complete the police academy will result in termination.