Police Officer Trainee
Under direction, a Police Officer patrols an assigned area to protect life and property, prevent crime, maintain order, and enforce laws, ordinances and constitutional mandates; performs investigative work in detection of crime; performs public service tasks; and other duties as assigned.
- Patrols an assigned area of the City by vehicle, foot, or as designated by the supervisor;
- maintains law and order; responds to emergencies as directed over the radio and telephone;
- conducts investigations of complaints and crime reports to determine if a crime has been committed;
- investigates traffic accidents;
- administers first aid and gives assistance to the injured;
- makes arrests; serves subpoenas and warrants;
Experience: Experience working in a police program or police department is desirable.
Education: Equivalent to graduation from high school. College courses related to law enforcement are desirable.
Training: Any recent training such as academic courses and certification programs which are relevant to this job classification.
License: Possession of a valid California Driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record as determined by the City.
Age: Minimum 21 years old.