Incumbent is responsible for enforcing federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
7/24/2020 5:00 PM Arizona
Police Officer/Trainee Rate: $20.60/Hourly
Police Officer Rate following graduation from Police Academy: $22.66/Hourly
• Performs crime prevention and police service activities to include: enforcing federal, state, and local laws and ordinances; responding to all calls; enforcing vehicle, traffic, and parking regulations; patrolling assigned beat in order to ensure a high visibility police presence; detecting and preventing criminal activity; apprehending criminal offenders; transports prisoners; conducting property checks on vacant homes and closed businesses; directing traffic for special events and emergency situations; assisting lost/stranded citizens; relieving the Dispatchers; committing mental patients; providing CPR; and, conducting V.I.N. inspections.
• Conducts investigations and interviews with suspects, victims, and witnesses; provides counseling and offers referrals; acts as a jailer.
• Collects intelligence information; takes reports; collects and preserves evidence.
• Assists other law enforcement agencies and the Fire Department.
• Operates and maintains motor vehicles or other work related equipment requiring a valid Arizona Driver License.
• Maintains regular attendance.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Education & Experience/Licensing & Training
Education & Experience:
High School Diploma or General Education Development (G.E.D.), preferably supplemented by coursework in criminal justice, and/or military service experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed below.
Licensing & Training:
• Valid Arizona Driver's License of appropriate class.
• United States Citizenship.
• Ability to pass a background investigation.
• National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) training, based on assignment.
Police Officer - AZ State certification as a Peace Officer
Police Officer/Trainee - Ability to obtain AZ State certification as a Peace Officer