Police Officer Trainee
Salary: $5,995.99 – $7,288.17 Monthly.
Under general supervision, attends a prescribed law enforcement academy training program for newly hired officers; performs related duties as required.
This class is reserved for individuals hired as Police Officers who are attending the required basic law enforcement training academy program. Upon successful completion of the required training, employees may be promoted to Police Officer on a probationary basis. A Police Officer Trainee who fails to successfully complete an academy in which he/she was enrolled will be terminated.
- Be a high school graduate, or pass the General Education Development (GED) Test indicating high school graduation level, or pass the California High School Proficiency Examination. Attainment of a two-year or four-year degree from an accredited college or university is highly desirable.
- Free of any felony convictions
- A citizen of the United States or a permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship
- At least 18 years of age
- Fingerprinted for purposes of search of local, state, and national fingerprint files to disclose any criminal record
- Of good moral character, as determined by a thorough background investigation
- Found to be free from any physical, emotional, or mental condition which might adversely affect the exercise of the powers of a peace officer