Police Officer Trainee
Under general supervision, performs general-duty police work in the protection of life and property, the prevention of crime, the apprehension of criminal suspects, and the general enforcement of laws and ordinances in a designated area on an assigned shift. Reports to a Police Sergeant or officer of higher rank.
Salary $23.55 Hourly
Minimum Training and Experience
**An Associate's Degree or equivalent (i.e. 60 credits) from an accredited college/university, OR two (2) years of service in the U.S. Armed Forces with an Honorable Discharge.
The selection process will include successfully meeting the minimum requirements of each of the following: an oral assessment, psychological examination(s), deception indicator examination, background investigation, Chief's interview(s) and a medical examination which includes a drug screening test and physical examination.
All applicants must:
• be nineteen (19) years of age at time of application;
• be a citizen or a naturalized citizen of the United States at the time of application;
• be of good moral character as defined by Florida Administrative Code 11B-27;
• possess an Associate's Degree or equivalent (i.e. 60 credits) from an accredited college/university, OR two (2) years of service in the U.S. Armed Forces with an honorable discharge;
• have the ability to possess a valid Florida Driver's License by time of employment;
• have achieved a score of 12.9 on ALL sections of the T.A.B.E. test (valid for two (2) years), OR possess a Bachelor's Degree;
• have passed the C.J.B.A.T (Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test) exam (valid for four (4) years);
• have passed the Basic Motor Skills test (valid for six (6) months);
• have passed the Swim Test (valid indefinitely);
• have no felony convictions;
• have no visible tattoos;
• have not been dishonorably discharged from the military;
• have not used any tobacco products within six (6) months of the date of this application.