Police Officer Trainee
Under immediate supervision, attends a prescribed law enforcement academy training program for newly hired Police Officers.
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING GUIDELINES:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
In addition, candidates must meet the minimum standards as required by the California Government Code Section 1031:
- Be legally authorized to work in the United States under federal law.
- Be fingerprinted for purposes of search of local, state, and national fingerprint files to disclose a criminal record.
- Be of good moral character, as determined by a thorough background investigation.
- Be a high school graduate, pass the General Education Development Test or other high school equivalency test approved by the State Department of Education that indicates high school graduation level, pass the California High School Proficiency Examination, or have attained a two-year, four-year, or advanced degree from an accredited college or university. The high school shall be either a United States public school, an accredited United States Department of Defense high school, or an accredited or approved public or nonpublic high school. Any accreditation or approval required by this subdivision shall be from a state or local government educational agency using local or state government approved accreditation, licensing, registration, or other approval standards, a regional accrediting association, an accrediting association recognized by the Secretary of the United States Department of Education, an accrediting association holding full membership in the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA), an organization holding full membership in AdvancED, an organization holding full membership in the Council for American Private Education (CAPE), or an accrediting association recognized by the National Federation of Nonpublic School State Accrediting Associations (NFNSSAA).
- Be found to be free from any physical, emotional, or mental condition, including bias against race or ethnicity, gender, nationality, religion, disability, or sexual orientation, that might adversely affect the exercise of the powers of a peace officer.
Licenses/Certifications: Possession of, and continuously throughout employment, a valid California Class “C” Driver’s License or equivalent.