Police Officer Trainee
Are you interested in a career in law enforcement?
Do you want to serve the Emeryville Community?
The Emeryville Police Department is accepting applications for Police Officer Trainee. Apply Today!
$58,308.00 – $61,212.00 Annually
The Emeryville Police Department is seeking highly motivated individuals who are eager to work in a city and department that prides itself on professionalism and community support. Selected candidates will attend a California P.O.S.T. approved basic academy and pass all required courses, including but not limited to:
• Report Writing
• Laws of Arrest
• Search and Seizure
• Defensive Driving
• Firearms Qualifications
• CA Penal and Vehicle Code Applications
• First Aid
• Physical Fitness
Upon graduation from the police academy, trainees will be sworn as a Police Officers and will begin a 12-week field training program in the patrol division. As a Police Officer, you will be responsible for:
• Answering and responding to calls for service
• Protecting life and property
• Making arrests
• Enforcing federal, state and local traffic laws and ordinances
• Preventing and investigating crimes
• Patrolling designated area(s) during an assigned shift on foot, bicycle, motorcycle, or by patrol car
• Performing crime prevention and community relations activities to ensure high-level of service to residents
Experience and Training: No experience is required, however, candidates with prior internship or experience in a government/ municipal public safety department are highly desirable. Candidates must complete a Pellet-B or National Testing Network (NTN). See "Application Process" for details. Successfully attend and graduate from a P.O.S.T. certified basic academy.
Education: Must have any combination of education and/or experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for satisfactory job performance. Possession of High School Diploma or equivalent with related college course work, AA or BA is desirable.
• Must be at least 20 years of age to apply, and at least 21 years of age at time of appointment to the position of Police Officer
• Be a United States citizen or have filed for citizenship at least one (1) year before applying for the police officer position
• Have no felony convictions; no misdemeanor convictions which mandate weapons restrictions
• Possession of a valid California Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record.
• Have uncorrected vision of at least 20/100 in each eye corrected to 20/30, normal color vision and hearing
• Prior to appointment, candidates must successfully complete medical, psychological, and background standards, which include polygraph testing, drug screening and California Department of Justice fingerprint clearance.