Police Officer Trainee
$42,876.00 – $54,732.00 Annually
The Police Officer Trainee position is a temporary position designed for the training of civilians in the field of police services. Trainees are hired by the City with the intent that they are to complete a California Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) accredited police academy for basic training. Upon successful completion of the academy training, the trainee will be reassigned as a police officer.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reliable and dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Successful completion of academy training, field training and other assigned training.
- Book, search, release, care for and feed inmates; conduct jail security checks.
- Respond to questions from the public regarding law enforcement activities.
- Respond to, investigate and document a variety of criminal, non-criminal, and traffic related incidents, not requiring a sworn officer.
- Prepare and complete a variety of investigative and incident reports; assist with telephone and public counter inquiries.
- Assist with the cleaning and maintenance of police facilities
- Assist with dispatch duties including, but not limited to, receiving emergency and non-emergency calls from the public requesting police, fire, or other related services; determine nature and location of emergency; determine priority and dispatch emergency units as necessary and in accordance with established procedures; provide emergency medical pre-arrival instructions; coordinate emergency calls and relaying information and assistance requests involving other law enforcement agencies.
- Must be age twenty-one (21) by date of application.
- Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade.
- Possession of a valid California Class C driver license.
- Must obtain a T-score of 45 or higher on the Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) POST Entry Level Law Enforcement Test Battery (PELLETB).