Police Officer Trainee
Salary: $62,451.00 – $75,909.48 Annually.
The City of Glendora is seeking motivated individuals with high ethical standards and a commitment to public service to join the City of Glendora Police Department and contribute to its mission of supporting and serving the community with dedication, excellence and mutual respect. If you take pride in delivering the highest level of public safety and service, and approach crime prevention creatively, we invite you to join one of the finest Police Departments in Southern California.
- Successfully attend and graduate from a P.O.S.T. certified basic academy.
- Learn use and care of firearms and related equipment.
- Think clearly and act quickly in emergencies and judge situations and people accurately.
- Learn, understand and interpret laws and regulations.
- Prepare accurate and grammatically correct written reports.
- Understand, explain and apply policies and procedures.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Make clear and concise radio transmissions.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Meet established physical requirements.
- Meet Police Officer requirements contained in the California State Government Code.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience in civilian law enforcement OR
- Military experience OR
- Completion of an AA/AS degree or equivalent units from an accredited College or University.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a Class C California driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record during the course of employment.
- Candidates must meet standards of physical stature, endurance, and agility established by the City.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of academy graduation.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizen or be eligible for U.S. citizenship. Persons will be disqualified from holding a position as Police Officer if they fail to diligently cooperate in the processing of their citizenship application within three years or are otherwise denied citizenship.