Police Officer School Resource Officer
The City of Northglenn Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer SRO. Work is scheduled primarily Monday-Friday during the day with exceptions as noted below under Duties and Responsibilities.
$58,650.00 – $87,941.00 Annually
Officers assigned as a School Resource Officer perform a variety of essential activities and services that are both proactive and reactive in nature. Some of these include assisting in the prevention of crime, delinquency and disorder on the campuses, and when students are involved, in the nearby areas, conducting or participating in the investigation of criminal offenses on campus, assisting with the security at extracurricular activities such as athletic events and dances upon request by school principals, or their designees, and contributing to the positive police-school-community relation efforts, especially when these efforts relate to students and parents.
Education and Experience
• Must be certified or certifiable in the State of Colorado.
• Three (3) years of experience as a School Resource Officer preferred.
• Two (2) years of patrol experience is preferred.
In order to become a Northglenn Police Officer, applicants must successfully pass each phase of testing which includes:
1. Physical fitness exam
2. Oral Board Interview
3. Integrity Interview
4. Pre-employment Polygraph
5. Pre-employment Psychological Examination
6. Background Investigation
7. Interview with Chief of Police
8. Post-Job Offer Psychological Examination
9. Post-Job Offer Medical Examination
10. Post-Job Offer Drug Screen
• $5,000 one-time cash award upon successful completion of the FTO program.
• This is a seven-year (7) assignment with a potential for extension after initial assignment.