Police Officer – SC Certified
General Job Description
Under general supervision and the direction of the Chief of Police, enforcement of State and Horry County law, rules, regulations and ordinances. Must work in all weather conditions, be proficient with firearms, and able to respond to potential law enforcement or security concerns as needed. Applicants may be considered for all sworn entry level positions within the agency. Applications are considered current for one year from submittal. This posting is intended for applicants who are currently Class I Police Officer Certified in the State of South Carolina only. Candidates may be considered for employment in any entry level, including Beach Patrol, Airport, Environmental Services, and Patrol.
Duties for this Position
Position Minimum Requirements
- High School graduate or equivalent diploma is required.
- Must have a valid South Carolina driver’s license.
- Must be able to maintain required level of proficiency in the use of firearms.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must pass required pre-employment physical, background check, polygraph examination, and psychological examination.
- Associates Degree in Criminal Justice or a related field is preferred.
- Military experience with Honorable Discharge is preferred.
- Current Class I Police Officer Certification in the State of South Carolina is required.
- Two years of experience as a certified Class I Police Officer in the State of SC is preferred.