Salary: $23.94 Hourly.
Open until filled
The City of Tolleson is looking for career-oriented applicants who desire to be a Police Officer for the city. The successful candidates must be individuals that share the values of the Tolleson Police Department. They must display the highest levels of integrity and ethical standards. Must be team oriented with a high level of maturity and personal responsibility. Applicants must display cultural awareness and sensitivity. This position requires personal dedication to Community Policing Concepts and how it applies to our community.
- The purpose of this position is to protect and to ensuring the safety and security of municipal streets, buildings, residences, and neighborhoods;
- Responsibilities include maintaining readiness for emergency call response; responding to emergency calls when dispatched and taking proper action;
- Conducting patrol;
- Performing routine police equipment maintenance;
- Educating staff and public on crime safety/prevention;
- Performing other tasks related to Police Department activities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum age requirement 21 years.
- Valid Arizona Class D Driver’s License.
- Six months to one year of advanced study or training past the high school equivalency highly desired.
- Candidates must have the ability to work, nights, weekends, and holidays.