Police Officer Recruit
10/2/2022 6:00 PM Pacific
Come join a progressive law enforcement family. The Pomona Police Department offers a challenging career for individuals dedicated to serving and protecting the community. Pomona is the 5th largest city in Los Angeles County. Throughout a career, a police officer may have the opportunity to work patrol, investigations, traffic, multi agency task forces, canine, aviation, and a variety of other teams/assignments. Pomona has its own Type 1 jail facility (staffed by non-sworn jailers) and its own firing range. Due to recent and anticipated retirements, the department has several vacancies, making this an excellent time to join the Pomona PD family.
Ability to: follow directions; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; work cooperatively and effectively with co-workers and the public; must be able to provide credible court testimony in legal proceedings, must be of good moral character and willing to submit to a background investigation, psychological evaluation, and pre-employment medical screening.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalency.
- Must be at least 20 1/2 years of age.
- Must possess a valid California Class C driver’s license with acceptable driving record at time of appointment and throughout employment in this position.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, to include overtime, emergency call back, shift work, nights, holidays and weekends.
- Must successfully pass a Police Department pre-employment screening process.
- Must successfully pass a Basic POST (Police Officer Standards and Training) Police Academy.
- Must be a United States citizen or be a resident alien who has applied for citizenship at time of application.