Police Officer Recruit
City of Goodyear Police Officers patrol the city of Goodyear to enforce Arizona state laws and city ordinances. They respond to emergency situations, educate the public regarding safety and security, and perform administrative duties as required. They must possess high ethical standards, actively participate in teamwork, and demonstrate knowledge of safety principals and an awareness of safety requirements at all times.
At the city of Goodyear, you will be a part of an organization that values its employees as its greatest asset. You will become part of a dedicated team of professionals that are committed to building and maintaining a highly engaged workforce. You will be challenged to learn and grow in an environment that values employee development and career-building. You will thrive in a culture of innovation.
6/4/2020 5:00 PM Arizona
We believe that successful employees are those that possess six core values:
Adaptability – Integrity – Initiative – Empathy – Optimism – Innovation
If these six values rank high on your list of personal attributes and you want to be a contributing member of Goodyear, then don’t wait — APPLY TODAY!
12 Month Objectives
Successfully complete a minimum of 14-week Field Training Program, which consists of demonstrating the ability to:
• Successful completion from a law enforcement training academy
• Write clear, concise, and accurate reports as evidenced by supervisory review and approval.
• Learn the geography of the City of Goodyear by displaying an efficient response to calls for service.
• Learn and interpret laws, department policies and procedures, and City policies, together with the ability to use good judgment in its application as demonstrated in report writing and in citizen contact.
• Develop skill and display proficiency in the use of firearms as evidenced through training exercised.
• Deal with the public in a professional and community-oriented manner.
• Recollect names, faces and details on incidents in order to testify effectively in a court of law.
• Analyze situations and adopt a quick, effective and reasonable course of action under stressful situations as displayed in practical and training exercises.
• Issue appropriate parking, traffic, and criminal citations as demonstrated by properly completing the citations.
• Work effectively with fellow employees and supervisors by practicing good communication, support, and teamwork.
• Maintain a clean and pressed uniform as well as high standard of personal hygiene, as directed by department policy.
• Operate patrol vehicles in a safe, efficient manner by having no accidents, and practicing good driving habits.
• Successfully complete expectations of a police officer at 3-month, 6-month, and 12-month reviews.
All applicants must be 21 years of age by the academy graduation of January 28, 2021; a citizen of the United States; have a valid Driver's License; and possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Applicants must be able to pass required tests outlined below and a thorough background examination which includes a polygraph, psychological examination, medical examination, and drug screening.