University of Kentucky Police Officers are responsible for providing the University community with a safe and secure environment in which to work, live and learn. The department is service oriented and specializes in meeting the needs of the campus’ diverse population of students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
Salary Range $14.99-23.98/hour
Deadline to Apply 08/29/2019
The major job responsibilities of the University of Kentucky Police Officer include patrol and investigations, public relations and service, community oriented policing, professional development and training, and report writing.
Specific duties include foot, bike, and mobile patrol, responding to service calls, investigating crimes, preparing and presenting testimony in court, community relations with students and campus partners, providing security and traffic control for special University events, writing reports, completing training, and engaging in professional development, and preparing written records including but not limited to citations, criminal reports, and internal documentation.
• Citizen of the United States
• At least twenty-one (21) years of age
• High school graduate or has successfully completed a General Education Development (G.E.D.) examination
• Possess a valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle
• Has not been convicted of a felony
• Has not received a dishonorable discharge, bad conduct discharge, or general discharge under other than honorable conditions
• Not prohibited by federal or state law from possessing a firearm
• Not had certification as a peace officer permanently revoked in another state