Police Officer Recruit
$64,771.20 – $78,728.00 Annually
Under close supervision, attends a California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) basic training academy to obtain California Peace Officer Certification. This is the entry level non-sworn, non-peace officer, training position.
- Attends classroom training sessions and takes notes required to obtain State Peace Officer Certification.
- Completes written, oral and skills proficiency examinations for a wide variety of required Peace Officer skills and knowledge and maintains required levels of proficiency.
- Participates in physical conditioning training and testing and maintains required levels of physical fitness.
- Adheres to CA POST academy rules and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Must be at least 21 years old upon graduation from the academy, and per California Government Code Section 1031 and 1031.5 must be a United States citizen or a permanent resident who has applied for citizenship at least one (1) year before employment application. Must successfully pass a comprehensive background investigation including a polygraph, and meet the minimum POST standards for medical examinations and physical ability.
Upon successful completion of all required training, Police Officer Recruits will be eligible for consideration for appointment to a sworn Police Officer position.
Police Officer Recruits who do not successfully complete all required training will be automatically terminated from employment with the City without the right of appeal.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
A valid California State Driver’s License is required.