Police Officer – Recruit
Salary: $6,331 to $7,931 monthly.
The City sponsored Academy provides training in basic criminal investigation processes and techniques; preparation of various reports; analysis of situations to make appropriate decisions under stressful situations; testify and present evidence in court, and practices and theory in criminal and civil law enforcement. A qualified candidate for the position of Police Officer Recruit position must be prepared and available to attend a full-time Basic Police Academy.
Upon completion of training and graduation from the Academy with acceptable class standing, a candidate is eligible for placement consideration in the position of sworn Police Officer with the City of Hawthorne. While in the Academy, an incumbent must participate for successful completion in a prescribed law enforcement officer training program that includes training in report writing, laws of arrest and seizure, defensive driving, California Vehicle and Penal Codes, Officer survival, and physical fitness.
- High School graduation or possession of a G.E.D.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university is highly desired.
- A qualified applicant must be 20 ½ years of age at time of appointment.
- Must meet California Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T) U.S. citizen requirements.
- Must be of good moral character and free of felony convictions.
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License and an acceptable driving history is required upon appointment and for the duration of employment.