Police Officer Recruit
Assist in law enforcement and crime prevention work in a training capacity; patrol, with assigned Police Officer, a designated area for the prevention of crime and the maintenance of law and order; and assist in investigative work and other assignments, in a training capacity.
6/16/2019 11:59 PM Arizona
• Learns operations of the Police Department firsthand through observation and participation in a wide variety of police activities; serve in a training capacity while attending the Police Academy
• Patrols City in radio-equipped car with a certified Police Officer in a training capacity
• Learns the coordination of conducting complete and detailed investigations of crimes involving juveniles and adults, crimes against persons and property, and crimes involving vice, gambling and narcotics violations
• Learns the procedures associated with the collection and preservations of evidence at accident scenes; learns to lift fingerprints, draw sketches and take photographs
• Learns laws and procedures required for processing warrants; assists in retrieving and requesting information involving arrests and subpoenas
• Preserves good relationships with the general public
• Writes detailed reports on police-related activities as they pertain to recruit training
• Learns the methods of securing crime scenes, administering first aid, conducting preliminary and follow up investigations, gathering evidence, obtaining witness statements, apprehending suspects, making arrests, and transporting offenders
• Learns skills relevant to providing testimony as a witness in court in connection with arrests and investigations
• Attends all basic training related to obtaining AZ POST Peace Officer Certification
• Possess skills necessary to enter or retrieve data from a computer terminal, PC or other keyboard device
• Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or have successfully completed a General Educational Development (G.E.D.) examination.
Must complete 20 week basic training at the Arizona Law Enforcement Academy.
Must be 21 years of age prior to graduation from a basic training academy.
Must be a U.S. citizen.
No job related experience is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have at the time of hire and be able to maintain a valid Arizona driver license.