Police Officer Recruit
Examples of Essential Functions
Specific to Police Recruit
- Attends the Law Enforcement Academy (“Academy”) designated by the Police Department.
- Conforms to the rules of conduct as outlined in the Academy’s Recruit Manual, Department Policy and City of Reno Policy.
- Completes written reports and makes oral presentations as required by the Academy.
- Participates in the Academy training, and completes and passes all academic tests as prescribed by the Academy, to include any quizzes, mid-term and final exams.
- Participates in physical fitness training and passes the physical fitness standards test as prescribed by the Academy and the Nevada Peace Officers Standards and Training rules.
- Participates in Defensive Tactics training and obtains a passing score on the final proficiency test.
- Participates in Firearms training and obtains a passing qualification score for each firearm.
- Participates in the Emergency Vehicle Operations Course training and obtains a passing score on the final proficiency test.
- Completes First Aid and CPR training and obtains a passing score on a final written exam.
- Participates in Force on Force training and obtains a passing score on the final proficiency test.
The following minimum qualifications must be met by applicant at the time of application:
- Graduation from high school or equivalent such as a GED
- A citizen of the United States of America
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- At least 20 years of age