Police Officer (Recruit)
May 31, 2023 4:30 PM
Responsible for attending training at the criminal justice training academy and successfully completing all practical and written tests and requirements as established by the academy and the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services. Upon satisfactory completion of the training, and graduation from the academy, the Police Officer Recruit will be sworn in as a Police Officer with full police authority. Failure to graduate from the academy within the prescribed training period will be cause for termination.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Attends training as assigned.
- Identification and utilization of principles and techniques that promote community service, crime prevention, and appropriate behavior.
- Completion of written tests and exercises.
- Completion of practical test and exercises.
- Effective and professional communications through written, oral and mechanical media.
- The safe operation of an emergency vehicle.
- Training in order to learn good judgement and competency in the use of deadly force, ancillary police weaponry, and weaponless defense.
- Other related courses or programs as required.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent; and No experience required
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License.