Police Officer Recruit
Salary: $27.13 Hourly.
Responsible for attending the academy in preparation for becoming a sworn Police Officer and assisting with law enforcement and crime prevention work in a training capacity.
- Learns the operations of the Police Department through observation and participation in a wide variety of police activities.
- Attends the Police Training Academy and meets all standards.
- Assists with patrol under close supervision.
- Learns the coordination and conduct of investigatory work.
- Responds to calls under close supervision.
- Learns the methods of securing scenes of crime, administering first-aid, conducting arrests, and preparing detailed reports.
- Learns skills relevant to providing testimony as a witness in court.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be age 21 prior to academy graduation; or an equivalent combination of directly related education and experience.
- AZPOST certification within the time specified by the Police Chief after hire.
- Valid Arizona Class D Driver’s License.
- Appointment subject to successful completion of extensive background investigation, polygraph, psychological examination, physical agility examination, medical examination and drug test.