Police Officer/Police Officer Trainee
Salary: $62,645.19 – $79,952.92 Annually.
- This position performs a variety of law enforcement duties in the enforcement of all Federal, State, and local laws and ordinances to ensure the preservation of public peace, prevention of crimes, protection of life and property.
- Participates as a student in a law enforcement training academy approved by P.O.S.T; and performs other related duties as assigned under the supervision of the Police Chief or designee.
- Possess a valid P.O.S.T. Certificate verifying successful completion of a P.O.S.T. approved police academy;
- Be currently enrolled in a P.O.S.T approved academy or;
- Possess a valid P.O.S.T. Recertification Certificate.
- The above qualifications are not required of those applying for sponsorship to enter an Academy.
- All applicants must have a valid California Driver’s License with a safe driving history;
- Must have graduated from high school or possess a G.E.D. certificate.
- Must be willing to work overtime and on-call, and work rotating shifts which involve relief shifts, days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be age 21 at time of appointment.