Police Officer / Police Officer Recruit (Certified ONLY)
Provides crime prevention and law enforcement services for the Town through proactive patrol, preliminary investigations, and traffic control duties in a designated area during an assigned shift.
***This position is open to those who are currently certified as a Peace Officer by the Texas Commission on law Enforcement (TCOLE);
Out of State Peace Officers who can meet minimum standards for Texas licensure (TCOLE RULE §217.1). ***
Examples of Duties
- Patrols a specific beat to promote public safety and enhance the quality of life in assigned area.
- Promotes a positive image in performing community-policing duties (community meetings, beat health issues, problem solving resources, etc.)
- Responds to calls for police service (disturbances, burglaries, prowlers, suspicious persons, etc.) and takes necessary action.
- Secures crime scenes and arrests suspect(s) in misdemeanor and felony offenses.
- Directs traffic, issues citations, and investigates accidents.
- Completes patrol, offense, and arrest reports.
- Assists in conducting criminal investigations.
- Guards and transports prisoners.
- Testifies as a witness in court (traffic and criminal offenses).
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- High school graduate or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required.
- Must have a valid state issued driver’s license and must obtain a Texas driver’s license within 30 days of establishing residency if hired from out of state.
- Must be able to pass all steps of the hiring process and meet all other Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) minimum requirements.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be currently certified as a Peace Officer by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
- Must successfully complete the Police Training Officer (PTO) field training program.