Police Officer – Non-Certified
We are seeking qualified and motivated individuals interested in serving and protecting the citizens of Chapel Hill. The Chapel Hill Police Department is a progressive organization that seeks to employ both new and effective strategies to combat crime and solve problems. We have an established Crisis Unit and utilize a co-responder model (officers and crisis counselors collaborating) to respond to cases involving individuals in need to specialized resources. Basic Law Enforcement Training will be provided upon hiring.
$42,000.00 – $45,000.00 Annually
- May perform a variety of law enforcement duties such as responding to calls for service, enforcing traffic and criminal laws; and conducting high visibility patrols
- May perform investigations; conduct interviews; process crime scenes; and collect evidence
- May perform community policing activities.
- May perform specialized assignments such as quartermaster, career progression, community services, forensics and evidence, special events coordination and school resources.
• State and federal laws
• Town Ordinances and Town and Departmental policies and procedures
• Best practices in policing and customer service.
• Solve problems and make sound decisions; performing mathematical calculations
• Maintain accurate financial records and preparing reports
• Utilize a personal computer and various word processing and database software applications
• Utilize such office equipment as a typewriter, calculator, copier, and facsimile machine
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, and supervisors
• Maintain required certification
• Communicate effective orally and in writing
• Model behavior that is consistent with our values of RESPECT
A high school diploma or its equivalent
No experience required for Police Officer I.
Maintain NC BLET certification
Possession of or the ability to obtain a valid driver's license North Carolina issued by the state of NC and the availability of private transportation or the ability to provide transportation between job sites