Police Officer (Missouri Certified/Lateral Entry)
Salary: $23.29 Hourly.
Open until filled
Police Officers are under the supervision of a shift or unit supervisor. The position requires consistent attention and commitment to the Lee’s Summit Police Department’s mission, goal and objectives. Primary responsibility is for enforcement of laws, statutes and ordinances to provide public safety and order to the community at large.
- Law enforcement licensing through Missouri Police Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.).
- Must posses a current Missouri P.O.S.T. Class A Peace Officer License.
- Must be able to transfer equivalent credentials from another state.
- Minimum education requirement is a high school diploma or general equivalency degree.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must have a Valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License or ability to obtain a Valid Operator’s License immediately following date of hire as defined by resident state regulations; Department Motorcycle Operators must have a Valid Motorcycle Operator’s License, and a credible driving record.
- No felony convictions or commission of or participation in any Felony crime, whether detected or not.
- No on-going or repetitious history of committing or participating in Misdemeanor crimes, whether detected or not.
- Must be credible witness in court.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions.
- Must pass required testing.
- No experience required.