Police Officer- Lateral Transfer
$21.97 – $33.88 Hourly
ARE YOU CURRENTLY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER AND CONSIDERING A MOVE?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Patrols assigned area, on foot or in police vehicle, to serve citizens and enforce governing laws and city ordinances. Serves general public, offers assistance and maintains good public relations.
- Conducts business and residential checks, and deters and detects unlawful activity. Seeks abnormal conditions, inspects premises, checks suspicious persons and vehicles, and provides viable law enforcement presence. Maintains lookout for wanted persons or property, and maintains surveillance in problem areas.
- Responds to and handles alarms and calls. Apprehends and arrests suspects in violation of laws and ordinances.
- Acts as peace officer in situations requiring intervention and mediation such as fights, family disturbances, neighbor disputes, and other matters. Handles citizen complaints concerning disturbances, juvenile problems, loud parties, and other problems.
- Conducts criminal and accident investigations. Collects and identifies evidence and questions victims and witnesses. Prepares evidence for presentation in court, and testifies in court proceedings.
- Directs traffic, and enforces traffic and parking laws. Gives warnings and issues traffic citations. Reports hazardous traffic conditions and abandoned or damaged vehicles and assists stranded motorists.
- Attends parades and other public gatherings and maintains order in crowds. Provides funeral and security escorts.
In order to be considered for a Lateral Position applicants must be Ohio Police Officer Training Academy (OPOTA) Certified and currently employed at an Ohio law enforcement agency as a sworn law enforcement officer, part-time/full-time. Check the following to see if you qualify:
- Must be a US Citizen 21 years of age or older
- Possess High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent
- Possess a Valid Driver’s License
- Currently a full-time or part-time law enforcement position
- Law Enforcement Officer with a minimum of 1 year experience
- Currently in PERS and/or OP &F pension system