Police Officer – Lateral or Entry Level
Salary: $66,623.16 – $85,029.96 Annually.
This position performs police patrol and community peace keeping services related to civil matters; warrant service; investigations; traffic enforcement; ordinance enforcement and related law enforcement activities.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent. In addition, college or university level studies, vocational training in police sciences, law enforcement, criminal justice administration, public administration or a related field are desirable.
- Must be 21 years of age or older at time of employment.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain by the time of employment, a valid Oregon driver license with an acceptable driving record.
- Must not have a current or pending suspension of driving privileges in Oregon or any other state.
- Must not have been convicted in this state, or
- any other jurisdiction, of a crime designated under the law where the conviction occurred as being punishable as a felony or as a crime for which a maximum term of imprisonment of more than one (1) year may be imposed.
- Must not have been convicted of violating any law involving the unlawful use, possession, delivery, or manufacture of a controlled substance, narcotic, or dangerous drug.
- Must not have been convicted in this state of violating any law subject to denial or revocation as identified in OAR 259-008-0070 or has been convicted of violating the statutory counterpart of any of those offenses in any other jurisdiction.
- Must not have been convicted of any offense involving any acts of domestic violence as defined in ORS 135.230.
- Must be a U.S. citizen at the date of hire or, if not a citizen at the date of hire, within 18 months after the date of hire.
- Must be able to read and write the English language.
- Must be of good moral character, temperament and of industrious habits.
- Must be eligible to obtain Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) basic police officer certification within 18 months of employment.