Police Officer – Lateral (Hiring Incentive)
$110,344.00 – $134,160.00 Annually
POLICE OFFICER – Lateral
Thank you for your interest in becoming a police officer with the City of Alameda. There are many law enforcement agencies in the area and we are excited that you are interested in working with the Alameda Police Department.
The Alameda Police Department has 88 sworn staff (Police Officers, Sergeants, Lieutenants, Captains, and Police Chief) and 34 non-sworn staff (Public Safety Dispatchers, Records Clerks, Animal Control Officer, Police Technicians, etc.).
As a Police Officer with APD you will have the opportunity to work in the following specialized areas: K9, Motors/Traffic Enforcement, Violent Crimes, Property Crimes, Internal Affairs, Personnel and Training, Marine Patrol, Peer Support, Critical Incident Response Team (which includes SWAT and Crisis Negotiations), Homeless Liaison Officer, and Honor Guard.
We offer excellent pay, benefits, opportunities for promotion, and the opportunity to serve a great community that values the services we provide.
Incentives may include:
- $75,000 cash incentive paid out as follows:
- $25,000 upon swearing in
- $50,000* upon completion of Field Training Program
* To be eligible for the 50,000 payment, hired personnel must commit to five years of service with the City of Alameda Police Department.
Qualifications to Apply for Police Officer – Lateral:
- You must be currently employed as a peace officer by a law enforcement agency.
- If out of state, you must meet California POST Peace Officer Standards.
- You must be in excellent physical condition and demonstrate a state of physical and mental health consistent with the ability to perform assigned duties and the requirements of California Peace Officer Standards and Training. A WSTB (physical agility exam) score dated within one (1) year of application will be accepted or applicants will be required to obtain a passing WSTB score prior to appointment. Applicants will also be required to complete a 50 yard swim test (not timed) prior to completion of Field Training.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record (CA driver’s license required prior to appointment).