Police Officer – lateral Hire
Starting Salary: $101,254.40 annually as of Jan 1, 2023, plus a full benefit package.
The City of Aurora’s Police Department is seeking experienced Police Officers for lateral entry.
- Must possess a State of Illinois Law Enforcement Certification from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board as a law enforcement officer in good standing (Part-time certification as a law enforcement officer does not meet this requirement.)
- The applicant must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen at the time of appointment.
- Must possess a valid Class “D” driver’s license
- Must possess a valid Illinois FOID card
- Must exhibit good moral character and have not been convicted of any felony.