Police Officer – Lateral Hire
Salary: $104,291.20 annually.
The City of Aurora’s Police Department is seeking experienced Police Officers for lateral entry.
An alternative eligibility list will be established for the position of Lateral Police Officer. These are for candidates who are currently employed for a minimum of two (2) years with their agency as a full-time Sworn Municipal Officer, Illinois State Trooper, or County Sheriff’s Deputy (Patrol/Road Division). Candidate must also be off probationary status and be in good standing with their current agency.
- Must possess a State of Illinois Law Enforcement Certification from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board as a law enforcement officer in good standing (Part-time certification as a law enforcement officer does not meet this requirement.)
- The applicant must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen at the time of appointment.
- Must possess a valid Class “D” driver’s license
- Must possess a valid Illinois FOID card
- Must exhibit good moral character and have not been convicted of any felony. Persons with a record of misdemeanor convictions may be disqualified from taking examinations as set forth in 65 ILCS 5/ Article 10-1-7(c). Certain misdemeanor convictions may disqualify candidates for a position in the Police Department.