Police Officer (Lateral Hire)
Salary: $67,022 – $103,250.
Open Until Filled
The Police Officer is responsible for protecting lives and property by enforcing laws and local ordinances, aiming to preserve peace and order within the Village of Carpentersville. Police Officers exercise far-reaching discretion in responding to emergency and nonemergency situations, in performing proactive community problem solving activities, and in other situations requiring coordination of police actions.
- Police Officers must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Be at least 21 years of age, and be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Candidates will be required to pass an extensive background check.
- The candidate must have successfully completed the Illinois Basic Law Enforcement Academy and be certified as Police Officer by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board, or meet the requirements of the Out-of-State Reciprocity process.
- The candidate must have working knowledge of local, state, and federal laws, and basic law enforcement terminology, concepts, procedures, and techniques.
- The candidate must demonstrate ability to exercise excellent judgement, honesty, and integrity.