Police Officer (Lateral Entry)
Salary range: $63,615.00 – $80,715.00 Annually.
- This position is responsible for the protection of life and property and the enforcement of laws.
- Work involves a variety of duties in patrol, traffic, or crime investigation on an assigned shift (40 hours per week including nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required).
- You must be a current full-time Police Officer with one year of service to apply.
- Must possess a certification of a peace officer from O.P.O.T.A.
- Must hold a valid unrestricted Ohio Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
- You must pass an extensive background check.
- You will be required to take a polygraph test.
- You must take a psychological test.
- You will go through at least one oral interview, which will include a written exercise.
- Hearing must be normal.
- Successful completion of a cardiac stress test and drug screen.
- Must reside within a specific radius of 130 N. Fountain Ave., within 6 months of appointment to position.