Police Officer Lateral
$6,977.00 – $8,480.00 Monthly
Offering Excellent Benefits and Lateral Incentives
$1,545 monthly benefit bank for health insurance
145 holiday hours per fiscal year (can be converted to pay)
Police Officer Lateral New-Hires Now Eligible for Incentive Pay!
$5,000 paid upon hire and additional $5,000 upon successful completion of probation
Under general supervision, patrols an assigned area in the prevention of crime and enforcement of law and order; carries out special assignments related to departmental operations or law enforcement in general; conducts investigations; and performs related work as assigned.
Police Officers are assigned to any of a number of functional areas within the Police Department on a rotating basis.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. and successful completion of a P.O.S.T. certified basic academy (required).
- One year of current full-time experience as a Police Officer in a California public agency (highly desirable).
- Possess a P.O.S.T. Basic Certificate.
- Job specific training will be provided according to class specification during work hours.
- Possess U.S. Citizenship at time of appointment.
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License and a satisfactory driving record.
- Work rotating shifts including weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Receive satisfactory results from a background investigation, polygraph test, psychological evaluation, physical examination, which includes a drug screen, and an administrative review.