Police Officer Lateral
Depends On Qualifications
The Vail Police Department is accepting applications for Lateral Police Officer openings. Qualified applicants must be experienced police officers or police academy graduates passionate about joining our progressive police department and serving in a resort mountain community. As a member of the Vail Police Department they will perform the duties of a sworn law enforcement officer, as designated by the command staff under the Chief of Police. This position is responsible for enforcing laws and ordinances set by the State of Colorado and Town of Vail. Work involves prevention, detection and investigation of accident and criminal activities, security and safety of prisoners, protection for the public and maintaining law and order. Officers must be able to act without direct supervision in emergency situations.
For more information, find the Vail Police Department’s Recruitment Video by following the link below:
Qualified applicants must demonstrate excellent work history, a passion for community involvement and a desire to serve in a world class alpine resort town. In addition they must meet the following requirements:
- P.O.S.T certified (Out of state certification qualify. Must be able to transfer to CO upon hire)
- 60 credit hours from a credited college or university, BA or BS degree is preferred.
- Demonstrate excellent public relations, communications, problem solving skills and a high-level of integrity.
- All applicants must undergo polygraph, psychological, drug screen, background investigation and physical abilities testing.
- Spanish speaking skills a plus.
Applicants certified as a law enforcement officer in another state may be considered for this position who have been authorized to act as a peace officer in another state or federal jurisdiction with full arrest powers for at least the preceding three (3) years AND were employed in that capacity for at least one (1) of the three years.