Police Officer | Lateral
Salary range: $29.49 – $41.28 Hourly.
Responsible for ensuring the safety and security of municipal streets, buildings, residences, and neighborhoods.
- Responds to service calls.
- Conducts investigation by locating physical evidence, victims, witnesses and suspects.
- Gathers information and completes interviews.
- Documents facts.
- Makes arrests.
- Writes reports.
- Performs community policing activities.
- Operates a motor vehicle and patrolling assigned areas.
- Testifies in court.
- Participates in training sessions.
- Serves warrants.
- Provides for traffic control.
- Operates devices and weapons associated with law enforcement activities.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED supplemented by specialized training in law enforcement.
- Must be age 21.
- United States citizen.
- Meet all additional recruitment requirements established by the Police Chief; or an equivalent combination of directly related education and experience.
- First-time Police Officers – graduation from AZPOST certified law enforcement academy prior to date of application within time frame specified by the Police Chief at time of position vacancy.
- Valid Arizona Class D Driver’s License.