Police Officer Lateral
The City of Chandler Police Department is currently accepting applications to fill current and future Police Officer Lateral vacancies.
Police Officer Lateral Pay Program
* Less than 1 year experience starts out at $30.50 per hour
* 1 year of experience starts out at $32.02 per hour
* 2 years of experience starts out at $33.64 per hour
* 3 years of experience starts out at $35.31 per hour
* 4 years of experience starts out at $37.07 per hour
* 5 years of experience starts out at $38.95 per hour
* 6 years of experience starts out at $40.89 per hour
* 7 or more years of experience starts out at $42.94 per hour
*Lateral Officer Hiring Incentive: $5,000 paid in two installments, $2,500 paid upon hire with first paycheck and $2,500 paid upon successful completion of Probation. Plus up to $5,000 relocation assistance if you are coming from outside the Greater Phoenix Area (defined as Maricopa and Pinal County) and moving to the City of Chandler.
Chandler, the fourth largest City in Arizona, is located in one of the fastest growing innovation and technology centers in the nation. Chandler is a vibrant, diverse, fiscally responsible community with a supportive business climate that attracts global industry leaders, exciting startups, talented workers and their families. In addition to being a great place to live, play and work, our local hotels, resorts, golf courses, restaurants and ample shopping opportunities make Chandler one of Arizona’s great vacation spots.
Who we are
The City of Chandler Police Department, consisting of 337 sworn officers and 177 civilians, serves a growing population of close to 270,000 residents. The members of the Chandler Police Department are dedicated to the advancement of community policing and the development of a partnership with our citizens. Our mission is to provide a safe community where people can live, work, and thrive. We are committed to being a world-class leader in law enforcement. We will pursue and engage the best trained, equipped, and committed professionals who demonstrate the highest standards of performance and best policing practices in partnership with the community.
Who we are looking for
Are you passionate about serving the community? Do you remain calm under high stress situations? Are you a problem solver that can make quick decisions? We are seeking a passionate and motivated customer-service oriented individual to join our Police Department team as a Lateral Police Officer.
* High school diploma or GED equivalency; and
* Arizona State Certified Applicant: Police Officers certified in Arizona, must have completed an AZPOST approved academy program and have successfully been certified by AZPOST as a peace officer and currently be in good standing; OR
Out-of-State Certified Applicant: Police officers certified in a state other than Arizona or certified by a federal law enforcement agency, must have 1 year of experience and currently employed as a peace officer or have resigned in good standing from an agency within 30 months of application. In addition, peace officers with certifications other than from Arizona will need to meet all AZPOST requirements for the waiver process to gain Arizona peace officer certification without attending a formal academy; and
* Must be 21 years of age; and
* Meet or exceed the physical standards established by the Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board (AZPOST); and
* Be a citizen of the United States of America; and
* Valid Arizona Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
Police Officer Lateral Hiring Process
City of Chandler Police Department Disqualifiers
The City of Chandler is an Equal Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation Employer