Police Officer – Lateral
$19.91 – $29.87 Hourly
12/16/2022 12:00 AM Central
The City offers a Lateral Entry Program. Eligible TCOLE certified candidates may be placed up to $32.47/hr. Hiring Incentive: Officers hired from this list will be eligible for a $5,000 hiring incentive with $2,500 at hire and $2,500 upon successful completion of training.
- Participates in crime prevention activities, the arrest, apprehension and prosecution of offenders, recovery of stolen and missing property, assistance to the sick and injured, enforcement of non-criminal regulations, and delivery of services not available elsewhere in the community. Prepares and maintains work schedules; monitors and ensures appropriate levels of staff coverage.
- Effectively manages time and prioritizes efforts. Utilizes discretion in selecting which of several options is the best solution to the problem at hand. Handles situations appropriately through effective communication, mediation, and interpersonal skills. Interacts with citizens and co-workers for input and feedback to meet specific goals and objectives. Follows protocol established by the Department.
- Prepares organized, detailed, and concise written documents and reports by hand and computer using proper grammar and spelling. Uses the computer to search databases and perform research.
- Miscellaneous: Performs functions and specialized skills based on assignment such as attending shift briefings, training on and off site. Appearing in court for testimony, attending meetings, working on projects, giving presentations and lectures.
- High school diploma/graduate; or 12 semester hours credit from an accredited college or university and has passed a general educational development (GED) test indicating high school graduation level (Applicants with a GED must submit a certificate by the issuing agency (i.e.: Texas Education Agency))
- Valid Texas Driver’s License with acceptable driving record required.
- Age: Must be not more than 50 years of age at the time of hire.
- TCOLE: Must must have a peace officer’s license from the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)