Police Officer (Lateral)
$81,225.87 – $103,667.07 Annually
Join the City of Signal Hill Police Department for a rewarding career, where Officers care about their community and the community supports its Officers. The Department is devoted to enhancing the quality of life in the City by providing a proactive and professional level of police service, and treating all persons with fairness, respect, and dignity.
The City of Signal Hill is not only a small 2.2-square-mile city. It is also a tight-knit and peaceful community that recognizes and appreciates the value of its Police Department. The Signal Hill Police Department has a state-of-the-art facility, technology, equipment, and a great relationship with the community, making us THE PLACE TO WORK in Los Angeles County.
This is not an entry-level position. The city of Signal Hill is searching for QUALIFIED LATERAL APPLICANTS with current full-time employment, in good standing, of at least one year as a sworn police officer with a California P.O.S.T. approved agency, possession of a California Basic P.O.S.T. Certificate, and successful completion of the required probationary period.
- A currently employed full-time Peace Officer serving in a California P.O.S.T. approved agency;
- One (1) year of full-time experience as a sworn Police Officer; and
- Successfully completed the probationary period, in good standing.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent; and
- Sixty college units with an emphasis on criminal justice, administration of justice, or related field is desirable.
- Must possess a California P.O.S.T. Basic Certificate; and
- Valid California Driver’s License.
- Must be age 21 or older;
- U.S. Citizenship is required or evidence of application for U.S. Citizenship at least six months prior to the date of the employment application; and
- No felony convictions.