Police Officer (Lateral)
Salary: $49,273.00 Annually.
Responsible police patrol and investigative work in protecting life and property, preventing crime, and enforcing federal, state and municipal laws and ordinances; and related work as required.
Upon employment, employees may be assigned to work on a rotating or fixed shift basis, which may include nights, evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events. Employees in this classification are subject to call to duty in emergencies and may be required to work overtime with little to no notice. An employee’s work hours and days will be at the discretion of the Superintendent of Police or his designee.
- Have current P.O.S.T. certification or equivalent from a state board. Note: Applicants who do not possess a Louisiana P.O.S.T. Level 1 certification will be required to complete a full academy. Applicants who possess a P.O.S.T. certification or equivalent from a state board outside of Louisiana will be required to complete a full academy.
- Have at least one (1) year of patrol and/or investigative law enforcement experience. This experience must have been gained after completion of a police academy and field training.
- Be at least 20 years old.
- Be licensed to drive with a good driving record and driving experience.
- Be in good physical and psychological condition to perform the essential functions of the job of Police Officer.
- Possess a state approved G.E.D./high school diploma.