Police Officer Lateral
Creating a lateral entry eligibility list for fulltime, sworn police officers. We seek diverse, committed professionals to provide the highest quality of service to our community. The Police Department is an active agency that has served the Lake Forest community for over 150 years.
$88,027.00 – $104,074.00 Annually
1/31/2021 11:59 PM Central
The Lake Forest Police Department handles a wide variety of patrol and investigative functions while also participating in multiple mutual-aid law enforcement groups such as NIPAS, LCMCTF, MCAT, and IMAT. The City of Lake Forest and the Lake Forest community value professional service, education and training as well as a strong commitment to the community.
Candidates for lateral appointment to the position of Police Officer must meet the following minimum qualifications and requirements at the time of application:
• Special consideration given to officers with certified specialty experiences: evidence technicians, firearms instructors, field training officers, investigators, NIPAS, MCAT, etc.
• State of Illinois certification by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board (ILETSB) with no more than forty (40) hours of training required for recertification OR successful completion of an out-of-state Basic Police Officer Training program which can be transferred and accepted by the ILETSB.
o Part-time certification as a law enforcement officer, corrections officer certification, or military law enforcement training does not meet this requirement
• Experience – at least 2 years’ experience as a fulltime sworn, certified law enforcement officer within the last 3 years; municipal law enforcement experience preferred
• Valid Driver’s License
• United States citizen or naturalized citizen
• Education – High school education or equivalent
• No criminal record