Police Officer – Lateral
$48,422.40 – $67,766.40 Annually
Are you looking for a beautiful place to work within a tight-knit community? Kingman, AZ is your place! We are currently looking for team members to join our full-service and community supported accredited Police Department!
The City of Kingman Police Department is currently accepting applications on a continual basis to employ individuals who are interested in laterally transferring to Kingman as a Police Officer. Do you like to train? We take pride in being able to train our own, whether it be during in-service in-house training sessions or at our regional academy. We have a robust training budget, and seek specialized training for our staff.
We offer great benefits such as every other weekend off, take-home vehicles, fully paid gear and uniforms, paid training, an outstanding paid time off benefit, and specialized assignment opportunities. These are a few of the benefits that make the Kingman Police Department the choice for those wishing to continue their law enforcement career.
Performs general police work in the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances. Works in a 24/7 operational environment, and is subject to call in/call back to support the operational needs of the department.
Minimum Qualifications/Special Requirements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- College course work in criminal justice and/or equivalent education and/or experience is preferred.
- OR any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Valid Arizona State Driver’s License
- Arizona State Certification as a Police Officer
- Ability to become and maintain TOC Level C Certified.
- Ability to pass an extensive law enforcement background investigation, including fingerprinting, polygraph, psychological and other related employment testing.