Police Officer 2 – Lateral
***Education incentives available to qualified candidates.
***Pre-academy hiring opportunities may be available.
***Eligible for transfers to Preferred/Specialized assignments after 1 year.
The following required documents MUST be submitted at the time of application:
- Birth Certificate
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- College Transcripts (if applicable)
- Copy of P.O.S.T. Certification or State Equivalent
All supporting documents must be attached to your online application at the time of application. Each document should be saved individually in a PDF format. Do not include resumes, cover letters, driver’s license, social security cards, or various training certificates.
The Metro Nashville Police Department is a 24/7 operation. Employees must be able to work any day and/or shift, as needed.
- At least two (2) years as a full-time, certified (Tennessee P.O.S.T. Certification or equivalent State certification) law enforcement officer. No more than 3 years since last break-in service.
- Valid Driver License.
- A U.S. citizen at the time of hire, or per Tennessee House Bill 0765, a permanent legal resident of the United States who is an honorably discharged veteran of the United States armed forces may be employed as a Police Officer. The officer must apply for or obtain citizenship within six (6) years of the employment start date.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must successfully complete a medical and psychological examination with standards set out in the Metropolitan Charter.
- Must successfully complete Criminal History Background.
- Must successfully complete CVSA.
- Must successfully complete Drug Testing.
- Must successfully complete FTO program (Field Training Officer).