Police Officer – Lateral – 1 Year Post Field Training Required
$45,000.00 – $55,000.00 Annually
- Patrols assigned area to detect and deter criminal activity and traffic violations.
- Conducts preliminary inquiries, field interviews, and follow-up investigations to include interviewing victims, complainants and witnesses, gathering information and evidence, and securing the crime scene.
- Obtains and serves search and criminal warrants; apprehends, arrests, and processes offenders, including juveniles.
- Provides assistance and backup support to other officers as necessary.
- Provides first aid to victims as necessary and assists motorists.
- Provides traffic direction as needed for events such as parades, funerals, ball games, and school crossings.
- Testifies in judicial proceedings.
- Responds to calls, including domestic disputes, assaults, burglaries, traffic accidents, lost or missing persons searches, public service duties, stranded motorists, and others.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must possess a State certified law enforcement training certificate.
- Must possess a State general law enforcement certification.
- Must have successfully completed at least one (1) year out of field training full time law enforcement experience with a municipal, county or state law enforcement agency.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of North Carolina for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.