Police Officer II (Certified/Sworn)
Salary: $54,787.20 – $59,571.20 Annually.
The City of Harrisonburg is currently accepting applications for individuals interested in joining the Harrisonburg Police Department (HPD) that are currently certified as a Law Enforcement Officer through the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS), the Federal Government, or another state. HPD offers a rewarding career plus an excellent benefits package, including enhanced hazardous duty through the Virginia Retirement System (VRS).
- Currently certified as a Law Enforcement Officer through the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS), the Federal Government or another state.
- High School Diploma or GED. College Degree or Military Experience, preferred.
- 21 years of age at time of application.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien with an application for Naturalization filed and pending with Immigration Services, if DCJS-approved.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable record per City policy.
- Able to work 12-hour shift (6am – 6pm or 6pm – 6am). Shift assignments are not available until after the completion of the recruitment process and cannot be guaranteed prior.
- Must live or be willing to move within a one (1) hour drive of Harrisonburg, VA.