Police Officer I
The Rawlins Police Department is looking for individuals ready to make a difference in a challenging but rewarding career. If you’re looking for a long-term career, you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for.
The Rawlins Police Department offers many different instructor roles and specialties such as K-9 Officers, Firearms Instructor, Custody and Control Instructor, Bike Patrol, Drug Recognition Expert, Investigations, and School Resource Officer. We offer plenty of opportunities for personal growth and professional development.
We are looking for dedicated police officers to perform various law enforcement duties and maintain public safety. The police officer’s responsibilities will include patrolling areas, responding to calls, investigating diverse incidents, arresting suspects, and preparing incident reports.
To be successful as a police officer, you should be in good physical condition to pursue suspects and remain level-headed in stressful and dangerous situations. An outstanding Police Officer should be intuitive and able to exercise sound judgment.
- Enforcing local, state, and federal laws.
- Patrolling assigned geographic zones and responding to calls.
- Apprehending and transporting suspects.
- Interviewing victims, witnesses, and suspects.
- Gathering and logging evidence.
- Writing citations, delivering warrants, and testifying in court.
- Preparing and providing accurate reports documenting incidents and activities.
- Responding to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Preventing and investigating illegal activities, domestic disturbances, accidents, etc.
- 21 Years Old
- High School Diploma or evidence of an equivalent achievement
- U.S. Citizen
- Strong Moral Character
- No felony or domestic violence convictions