Police Officer I or II
Under limited supervision, enforces local, state, and federal laws and ensures compliance with University policies and provides security for personnel, real property, and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Patrol University property to provide security and traffic law enforcement
• Respond to emergency and non-emergency calls
• Conduct accident and crime investigations and prepare detailed reports
• Provide escort services for visitors, students, staff, and faculty
• Provide public assistance, including lockout services, first aid, and vehicle jump-starts
• Provide building security, including locking and unlocking doors
• Process evidence, prepare court cases, and provide legal testimony
• Write and file daily activity reports
• Operate university patrol cars safely
• Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Applicants must be 21 years of age on the date of hire. Current certification by the New Mexico Law Enforcement Academy or the ability to obtain certification within one year is required. Applicants that are currently certified by the New Mexico Law Enforcement Academy may be eligible for appointment as a Police Officer II. A current New Mexico driver’s license is required.