Police Officer I / II/ III
- Police Officer I: $23.01 per hour.
- Police Officer II: $26.98 per hour.
- Police Officer III: $29.38 per hour.
The ideal candidate will be an energized, self-starter, team motivated, and approachable individual who demonstrates a high level of integrity, and can work effectively with others to continuously improve police operations and public relations in the community. He/she will work closely with the members of the department, other agencies, courts and the community. He/she will be skilled at utilizing best practices in community-oriented policing, crime prevention, investigations, traffic enforcement, accident investigation, and youth and school involvement.
- Performs general patrol duties.
- Performs crime prevention and public relations duties.
- Applies department orders, rules and regulations to maintain order and public safety.
- Safely operates, inspects and performs minor repairs on patrol and unmarked vehicles.
- Performs accident investigations and directs traffic.
- Performs oral interrogations and interviewing duties.
- Apprehends, charges, processes and transports suspects.
- Performs traffic enforcement and stops.
- Handles search warrant and criminal report follow-up.
- Thoroughly completes offense, arrest, investigative, information, accident and evidence reports.
- Responds to medical emergencies; performs basic first aid and administers CPR.
- May involve public information officer duties and managing police social media accounts.
- Must be available to work days and hours necessary to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks, which may include overnight, evening or weekend shifts.
- Must be available for call outs, which may include; response to crime scenes, shift coverage, and city-wide emergencies.
- Ability to obtain, within a year, certification by the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center or certification by reciprocity is required.
- Ability to obtain a minimum of 40 hours of continuing education annually is required.