Police Officer I/II

Turlock, CA
Turlock Police Department

The City of Turlock is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer I/II. This position is assigned to perform law enforcement and crime prevention work, to enforce State and local traffic regulations and to perform comprehensive criminal investigative work on special assignments and will also perform related duties as assigned.

$4,677.00 – $6,582.00 Monthly


• Patrols assigned areas in vehicles, on foot, on motorcycle, or on bicycle as assigned.
• Analyzes and solves community/neighborhood problems involving the protection and preservation of life, property, and the enforcement of City, County and State laws.
• Conducts a variety of investigations including neighborhood disturbances, prowlers, burglaries, thefts, robberies, juvenile crimes, domestic violence, sexual assaults, vehicle accidents, and deaths.
• Directs traffic/provides regulation of traffic flow at time of emergency or congestion.
• Works shiftwork to include Days, Swings and Graveyard.
• Testifies in court as needed.
• Provides traffic enforcement to include arrests and issuance of citations as required.
• Receives calls from and provides assistance for other law enforcement agencies in emergencies.
• Conducts investigations to include the collection and storage of evidence for court presentation.
• Prepares detailed reports of arrests made, investigations conducted, and illegal incidents observed.
• Proactively patrols business districts and residential neighborhoods at all times of day and night.
• Provides direction and information to the general public.
• Processes and cares for prisoners.



Twenty one (21) years old at time of appointment as a Police Officer.

Proof of age is a copy of an official United States issued birth certificate or any document accepted for proof of citizenship.


Pursuant to California government Code 1031 (a): Must be a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship.

Proof of citizenship requirement is copy of an official United States issued birth certificate or official United States naturalization documentation.


Be a high school graduate from a United States public school, an accredited United States Department of Defense high school or an accredited or approved public or nonpublic high school.

Or pass the General Education Development Test indicating high school graduation level.

Or pass the California High School Proficiency Examination.

Or have attained a two-year, four-year, or advanced degree from an accredited college or university.